Antique Fair Finds

What a beautiful weekend we ended up having weather wise.  Saturday was in the high 70's and Sunday was 82 degrees at one point.  Now that's the kind of weather we are suppose to be having this time of year not RAIN.  Which by the way, it's raining again today.

Anyway as I mentioned this weekend was a big weekend in our small town with our Annual Butter & Eggs Day Parade and Antique Fair.  The hubby and I went downtown Sunday morning to the fair just to see what goodies we could find.

It's all outside and the streets were packed with people and great vendors.  Now I know that we have don't as good of antiques as back east but I was amazed at some of the stuff that I saw.  And it was a good thing hubby was with me or I would have come home with alot more.  But every time I looked at a piece of furniture I would hear "Um Honey where are you going to put that?" and it would stay with the vendor.  It's a good thing I don't have a bigger house cause it would be packed to the gills with antique furniture :)

Anyway I thought I would share what treasures I found with you:

I love old window frames that you put pictures in and I was thrilled and so was hubby when we found this one.  I can't decide if I want to repaint and crackle it or leave it as is.  And we thought we might leave those pictures in it as a conversation starter.  But believe me the purple paper is going, it doesn't go with the new living room and it's ugly!


So anyone that knows me, know that I LOVE Dogs.  So I just couldn't pass these guys up.  Not sure where I am going to put them yet but I will find a place.  There are so ugly they are cute!





And last but not least there was a lady there that had a whole basket of old picture frames painted pick and white and she had decorated them with silk roses and pearls.  They were just calling my name cause they would look darling in my scrap studio.  But when I picked them up and saw that she wanted $20 a piece I stopped listening :)   So in another booth this guy had a whole pile of old frames for $5 a piece and I bought 4 of them.  And I was going to paint them black and put them up in the scrap studio but have since changed my mind and will keep them the way they are and hang them in the living room.  The gold color matched my new lamps really well and they will be something different on the walls.



So these were all my finds at the Antique Fair.  I am pretty happy with everything I brought home and can't wait to get them up in my home.

Thanks for stopping by...
C

2 comments:

Mandy said...

great great finds, I adore those frames, the creative possiblities!

hugs mandyxx

Marlene said...

Great finds! I love old window frames, too!

Post a Comment