Shhhhh......Hear that?

Awww yes the sweet sound of peace and quiet. And it has been that way since 5am yesterday when my hubby and daughter left for a fishing weekend together. It's just me and the dogs and it's been pretty nice. Now that's not to say that I don't miss my mister but every once in a while it's nice to have a weekend to myself.

The weather here today was not very nice for it being almost the first of June. Cold and overcast for most of the day. Which was perfect for movie watching this morning. I rented the movie "The Women", the 1930's version. It was pretty funny and the new modern version follows it exactly. I loved all the clothes in the 1930's version. And it was amazing to see how much they all smoked and drank back then in the movies. Check it out if you liked the modern versions cause it's fun to watch the original.

This afternoon I did go out and help the economy a little bit. Found the cutest picture collage frame for the hallway when I get it all painted and re-done. I would post a picture but my batteries died in my camera and I can't find the charger for them. Will try to post a picture later. The good news is it was on sale for 50% off, which made it only $35. Can't wait to fill it with pictures and get it on the wall.

In other news, poor Belle had to have emergency surgery last night. I happy to report that she came through just fine and is now on the road to recovery. She might be able to go home tomorrow, which I know will make my daughter extremely happy. They figured out that she had swallowed a small piece of sewing thread and it got caught in her tummy and caused a bad infection. Who would have thought.....

Well I am off to get some scrapping in before the night is over. I am working on a 4th of July centerpiece. I will post pictures when I am done.

Thanks for stopping by...
C

No comments:

Post a Comment